Sunday, November 13, 2011

Duggar Dilemna

Am I the only person who feels bad for the Duggar family? Who cares if she is having her twentieth baby?!? They pay their bills and lead a happy, Christian life.
I can remember the excitement of my first two boys births. I had loads of help, was surrounded by family, and everyone was anxious to meet our newest addition. Every precious moment was treasured as well as every coo or grin.
Then I remember my third child's birth. I stayed alone at the hospital (we lived in South Carolina), had no visitors, no help, and my husband only wad there for the delivery and then to pick me up. My neighbor had to watch my older boys while I was in labor and James ran home 30 minutes later.
Even worse is having a fourth child in your hometown and having every person question ask you "Again?" when they see you. I had no friend visitors once again although I was only in the hospital for 24 hours. (They pretty much push you out of the door ASAP if you have over 3 children)
My point is that all babies should be celebrated no matter how many you have. The Duggars are not asking for money or assistance. My family does not receive money and assistance. Just because someone chooses to have a large family does not make the baby or family less special. I could not imagine life without these 2 sweet little boys.
I think they are even cute in a blurry Iphone pic!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I like the Duggars. I know if we have a third people are going to say "Don't you know what causes that?" Yes, I do. That's why we are having another! Lol!

    ReplyDelete