Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Week at Preschool

This week is always fun at preschool because we have parties, chocolate, and tell each other how much we love them. Here is a tiny taste of what is happening in my classroom:

We are gluing foil to Hershey kiss cut-outs in honor of our chocolate day!


 I made an impromptu chocolate play dough. 1 3/4 cups flour, 1 cup salt, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 2 cups water, 2 tsp cream of tarter and 4 tbsp vegetable oil. Cook until it doesn't stick to the pan. Smells great! The picture doesn't do it justice. All I had was my iPhone. It looks more like a tootsie roll consistency.
My touch table is filled with white beans, large foam stress ball hearts, cups for scooping, and candy boxes to pour the beans into. It is very eye-catching.

We are reading:
Happy Valentine's Day Mouse by: Laura Numeroff
Roses are Pink Your Feet Really Stink by: Diane de Groat
The Biggest Valentine Ever by: Steven Kroll

My Songs are:
(sung to Mary had a little lamb)
Won't you be my valentine,
valentine, valentine?
Won't you be my valentine,
I love you!

Yes I'll be your valentine,
valentine, valentine.
Yes I'll be your valentine,
I love you!

There's a Little Wheel a Turning in my Heart by: The Lauri Berkner Band


No comments:

Post a Comment