Saturday, January 28, 2012

Best Surprise

Baseball season is the highlight of my year. I look forward to the games, the excitement, the atmosphere, and the other die-hard fans. Naturally the Texas Rangers are my favorite team. Afterall my very first ball game was a Nolan Ryan one in the old ballpark. I did receive an autograph ball from Hall-of-Famer Kenny Rogers that same game. Of course I was hooked after that!


Yesterday my husband called to tell me that starting pitchers Matt Harrison and Derek Holland would be at the Community Center on the base. As a surprise to my own boys, I picked them up early and took them. We were in and out in under 30 minutes and they thought it was amazing. To top if off, both players were very kind and took time with each fan to chat. Although we didn't have time to wait around for pictures, the opportunity to meet them and have them sign our baseballs was worth it. Go Rangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment