Saturday, January 28, 2012

Homemade Bisquick

Another project I tackled today was my homemade Bisquick. A big box at the store runs us about $7.00.
This recipe calls for:

10 c. all-purpose flour (bought a sack for $1.99)
1/3 c. baking powder (had on hand)
1/4 c. sugar ( had on hand
4 tsp. salt (had on hand)
2 c. shortening (had on hand)


Combine all ingredients except shortening in large bowl. With pastry blender cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in airtight container, up to 6 months. Use as you would any other baking mix. Makes 12 1/2 cups.


I am using this tonight for my 7-Up biscuits to test it out. I wrote on the side of the container the directions for biscuits and pancakes, so I can easily put them together without running to my computer

Biscuits- 2 cups of mix and 1/2 cup of milk
Pancakes- 2 cups of mix, 2 eggs (beaten), and 1 cup of milk

No comments:

Post a Comment