Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Feeling Crafty? UPDATED

So I love doing crafts, but most of the time it has to be planned out way in advanced and the stars have to line up just right so that nothing interferes. However, tonight I braved the elements and found a quick and easy wreath I have been wanting to make. (seen it on Pinterest of course)

First I bought my supplies : A metal wreath for $2.99 at Hobby Lobby and then I got the fabric rolls (2) from Joann's for $7.50 each. It was a little pricey for me, but I liked the colors.



Next I cut my fabric strips into 61/2-7 inch rectangles


Then I sparadically tied on the strips on the wire wreath frame. Time consuming, but the Rangers are playing and the children are in bed.



Finished Product:


Simple, but crafty. I think I will buy another roll of fabric for this one because it is not as full as the one for our house. I will take another pic after I add another roll of fabric and in better light! D was asleep on the couch so I only had the lamp on.

Here it is in better light and after I added another roll:


Here is the one I made for our house.I used the rolls from Hobby Lobby and there was more fabric in it. I found a cool "R" to hang in the middle but I will definately have to glam it up first.

No comments:

Post a Comment