Saturday, September 17, 2011

Playdough Recipe

At my preschool, we make our own playdough. I have to switch it out often as the children leave it out or it is necessary for sanitary reasons. Today while D is sleeping I had to make a new batch. Next week is dedicated to red, so I needed some red playdough.

Ingredients:
2 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
2 cups of water
3 tbsp of vegetable oil (i use way more than most recipes, it helps it not stick to the pan)
3 tsp of cream of tarter
coloring-I use Wilton gel colors like you would use for icing or Colorations watercolor added to my water

Here is the Wilton colors:
I am adding orange to help make the red more vibrant, if not it looks pink.

First toss all the ingredients in a large saucepan.


Next cook on medium low heat until it starts to clump together.




Now throw it on a piece of wax paper and knead.


Enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment